Friday, February 25, 2011

Rhino Mocks Arrange / Act / Assert (AAA) Syntax Quick Reference

Recently I held a training session about Test-Driven Development(TDD) for .NET developers. A important part in this training was about Mocking, which is essential when you apply TDD to the real world. I presented several examples with Rhino Mocks and used the brilliant AAA syntax of Rhino Mocks. As supporting material for the practical exercises of the participants I missed a quick reference or an API documentation for this syntax style. Based on Ayende's article Rhino Mocks 3.5 and the Rhino Mocks 3.3 Quick Reference I created a new document with code examples:

Rhino Mocks AAA Syntax Quick Reference on Google Docs Rhino Mocks AAA Syntax Quick Reference on Scribd

4 comments:

Shuhel Ahmed said...

Thanks a lot.

Net Developer said...

Thanks a lot for that.

I am giving a presentation at my work this Tuesday and my topic is Testing with Rhino Mocks. I am a big fan of AAA syntax and had added in my notes that Rhino Mocks API has become a bit clunky. But now I can add a link to your quick reference (and your blog post) which will make life easier for a lot of people.

Oran Dennison said...

Excellent! Thanks for putting this together.

Dysanovic said...

Great work.

This word be a worthy addition to the Rhino Mocks website.